This is a selection of photos in Palmela, where you’ll see stunning views, as well as museums, historic buildings and ancient streets.
Also learn more about our Self-Guided Walking tour in Palmela. In that post you will find an itinerary, a detailed map, a variety of tips as well as cool photos.
Now that you have seen various Palmela’s photos, learn more about the Self-guided walking tour in Palmela, with culture and gastronomy. Along the way you will enjoy stunning views, so take your binoculars and camera to take your pictures too!
We share this Palmela tour, which we really advise you to do. Palmela is just (24.9 miles or 40 km) from Lisbon and you can easily reach it by car (27 min), by bus (40 min, TST operator: Schedules) or by train (51 min, Fertagus operator: Schedules). When we went there we used the car.
In addition to good cuisine and wines, Palmela has several monuments and places of interest. We can highlight, for example, the Castle, classified as a national monument, of Arab origin, people that occupied the region from the eighth to the twelfth century. At the highest point of the village, the castle allows you to enjoy spectacular views of the Sado Estuary National Reserve (with the Troia Peninsula), the Arrábida Natural Park, the region’s famous vineyards, the sea and even the Tagus River!
Other interesting locations nearby Palmela
- TOP 10 Lisbon Attractions: Best Places and Activities
- 6 Best Day Trips around Lisbon: explore more of Portugal
- TOP 5 Cool Shopping Ideas in Lisbon
More Portugal Destinations
- Alentejo: Self-guided walking tour in Mértola, Portugal
- Alentejo: Castro Verde, Portugal: Self-guided walking tour
- Aljezur, Algarve: Self-guided walking tour in Aljezur, Portugal
- Algarve: Self-guided walking tour in Lagos, Portugal
- Algarve: Self-guided walking tour in Portimão, Portugal
- Lisbon: Lisbon: Ultimate Travel Guide and Itineraries
- Centre: Self-guided walking tour in Golegã: Horse Capital of Portugal
- Azores: Terceira Island Travel Guide, Azores
|To learn more about other LikedPlaces, go to our Destinations in Portugal page.|
Did you like this post? Please share it with your friends!