See here the best photos in the village of Golegã, in the middle of Ribatejo Region, considered the Portugal’s Horse Capital.
In the Tourism Office see more informations about Golegã municipality.
Posts about Golegã
Following the photos, find here the Self-guided walking tour in Golegã: in Portugal’s Horse Capital. In this post you can find the major points of interest of Golegã, by strolling its typical streets, the main monument and museums, as well as where to eat and what to do near the village. Finally, see and buy the local regional handicrafts.
Learn more about the important event that takes place annually in November at this village: Golegã Fair: For those who like horses. This is one of the largest equestrians fairs in the world, which attracts many horse breeders, stud farms and horse lovers from all over the world. Feel the rural atmosphere, see the horses and its riders on the streets. Also, enjoy the superb Portuguese food of the region with its typical dishes and snacks!
More Portugal Travel Destinations
- Alentejo: Self-guided walking tour in Mértola, Portugal
- Alentejo: Castro Verde, Portugal: Self-guided walking tour
- Algarve: Self-guided walking tour in Aljezur, Portugal
- Algarve: Self-guided walking tour in Lagos, Portugal
- Algarve: Self-guided walking tour in Portimão, Portugal
- Lisbon: Lisbon: Ultimate Travel Guide and Itineraries
- Lisbon: Self-guided walking tour in Palmela, Portugal
- Azores: Terceira Island Travel Guide, Azores
|To learn more about other LikedPlaces, go to our Destinations in Portugal page.|
Did you like this post? Please share it with your friends!