See here how to receive a portuguese residency permit and visa exemption for travelling within Europe by investing in Portugal (Golden Visa).
The “Golden Visa” enable third country nationals (not belonging to the European Union) to invest in Portugal and to obtain a temporary residence permit. After 5 years, a permanent residence permiti can be requested.
Who may apply for portuguese residency “Golden Visa”?
The “Golden Visa” (or Resident Permit for Investment – ARI) is intended for third country nationals – outside the European Union, who conduct an investment in Portugal (either individual business person or through a company), that want to:
- Have a visa exemption for traveling within the Schengen Area, keeping the tax residence in their Countries. And, at the end of a period, can apply for Portuguese citizenship, thus have “European citizenship”;
- Live in Portugal.
What are the Benefits of Portuguese Residency “Golden Visa”?
Third Country nationals who have “Golden Visa” can benefit from:
- Enter Portugal with a visa waiver;
- Traveling freely within the Schengen area (visa exemption);
- Living and working in Portugal;
- Apply for Permanent Residence: temporary residence permit is valid for 1 year and can be renewed for periods of 2 years in a row. Therefore, a permanent residence permit may be requestes after 5 years;
- Right to family reunification: In addition to the spouse, minores children or relatives in the diret ascending line, the investor may request residence permit for the children who are full of age and whether are dependent of the couple, or of one of the spouses, and who are studying in Portugal or abroad;
- Apply for Portuguese citizenship (by naturalization). In fact, investors residing in Portugal for more than 6 years may ask for Portuguese citizenship.
How can I get a Portuguese Residency “Golden Visa”?
Third country nationals (except Portuguese nationality, countries of the European Union and the European Economic Area) can obtain the “Golden Visa” when conduct one of the following investment activities (either as an individual business person or through a company) whose maturity is at least of 5 years.
A. Capital Transfer
Capital transfer with a value equal to or above 1 million euros. This can be in one of the following ways: Bank Deposits, Portuguese Public Debt Securities; Securities; and investment in Commercial Companies;
B. Job Creation
The creation of, at least, 10 jobs positions.
C. Acquisition of Real Estate
If you buy real estate….
- Purchase of real estate property with a value equal to or above 500,000 euros; (*)
- Purchase of real estate property (construction dating back more than 30 years or located in urban regeneration areas) and its refurbishing for a total value of at least 350,000 euros; (**)
* The applicant may also:
(i) Purchase on a co-ownership shares scheme, provided that each owner invests in at least 500,000 euros;
II) Purchase promise, but the deposit paid in advance must be at least 500,000 euros;
(iii) Purchase through a single-member company based in Portugal or in another country of the European Union;
(iv) Encumber, the part exceeding EUR 500,000;
V) Lease or give for exploration for commercial, agricultural or touristic purposes.
* * The applicant may also:
(i) Purchase on a co-ownership shares scheme, provided that each owner invests at least 350,000 euros;
(ii) Purchase through a single-member company based in Portugal or in another country of the European Union;
(iii) Encumber, the part exceeding EUR 350,000;
IV) Lease or give for exploration for commercial, agricultural or touristic purposes.
D. INVEST IN PORTUGAL
If you invest in Portugal economy in …
- Scientific research activities of at least 350,000 euros;
- Artistic output or for reconstruction or refurbishment of the national heritage on a total of 250,000 euros or higher;
- Units of investment funds or venture capital fund of funds dedicated to the capitalisation of companies of at least 350,000 euros
- Either for the constitution of a commercial company or in the reinforcement of the share capital of commercial company already existing of at least 350,000 euros, combined with the creation or keeping of at least 5 working jobs and for a minimum period of 3 years.
For more information:
- Directly with the Serviços de Estrangeiros e Fronteiras;
You may also be interest in finding out the Top reasons for living in Portugal.
Did you like this post? Please share it with your friends!