Learn more about one of the biggest music festivals near Lisbon, with great cultural variety: O Sol da Caparica, from 11-14 August 2022.
What is O Sol da Caparica?
Sol da Caparica is undeniably a festival of great musical, cultural and artistic variety, which takes place in the Urban Park of Costa da Caparica, in the municipality of Almada, near Lisbon. Indeed, Costa da Caparica is currently a popular summer resort and surf spot near the capital of Portugal, which in the past was a fishing village.
At the festival, which takes place since 2014, you can listen to good Portuguese, Brazilian, African and other music, with various musical styles, such as rock, hip-hop, fado, semba, kizomba, as well as electronic music played by famous DJs.
In addition, at O Sol da Caparica, participants can enjoy various artistic expressions such as graffiti, dance, animation cinema and plastic arts. The shows and activities are aimed at audiences of various ages and, as a rule, one day is aimed at young people.
Festival-goers can skate or do sports related to the sea such as surfing, stand up paddle, windsurfing, bodyboarding, as well as bathing in the sea, taking advantage of “O Sol da Caparica” (Caparica’s sun), or strolling on the beautiful beaches, enjoying the excellent restaurants and terraces.
What happens in O Sol da Caparica 2022? (Line up)
The date of the 2022 edition of the Festival O Sol da Caparica has already been disclosed, but the Line up announcement is pending.
Date: 11 to 14 August 2022
Location: Costa da Caparica Urban Park – Costa da Caparica – Lisbon
More information: : facebook.com/osoldacaparica
O Sol da Caparica 2020 and 2021
The festival O Sol da Caparica 2020 and 2021 didn’t take place due to covid-19 pandemic.
What happened in 2019 in O Sol da Caparica? (Line up)
In 2019, of the various performances at the Festival, we highlight:
- 1st DAY: Matias Damásio, Anselmo Ralph, David Carreira, D.A.M.A. e Eduardo Madeira;
- 2nd DAY: Seu Jorge, Mariza, Luis Represas, Luisa Sobral, Carlão, Dany Silva, Jafumega and Jel;
- 3rd DAY: Ludmilla, Gabriel O Pensador, Richiel Campbell, Boss AC, Capitão Fausto, Mishlawi, Plutónio, Karetus and Guilherme Duarte;
- 4th DAY: Children Day: Mão Verde, Porbatuka and O Recreio da Anita; Sunset: Diego Miranda, Pete Tha Zouk, Olga Ryazanova and Swag On Experience.
Learn more about the Ultimate Music Festival Guide in Portugal.
Places to Visit in Lisbon
- TOP 10 Lisbon Attractions: Best Places and Activities
- 6 Best Day Trips around Lisbon: explore more of Portugal
- TOP 5 Cool Shopping Ideas in Lisbon
More Portugal Travel Destinations
|To learn more about other LikedPlaces, go to our Destinations in Portugal page.|
Disclosure: This post has affiliate links. If you buy something through these links, there’s no additional cost to you, but it will allow us to maintain the blog. Thank you!
Did you like this post? Please share it with your friends!