Experience the latest news in videogames at the biggest event of its kind in Portugal: Lisboa Games Week, 17-20 November 2022, at FIL in Lisbon.
What is Lisboa Games Week?
Lisboa Games Week is the largest gaming event in Portugal, taking place in Lisbon, where is presented the latest news in video games, technology and digital entertainment.
Like the major videogame events, such as Paris Games Week, Madrid Games Week, Milan Games Week and Gamescom (Germany), Lisboa Games Week has the presence of major brands, manufacturers and distributors of video games, consoles and accessories. In fact, companies and brands such as Sony, Nintendo, Microsft, Asus, HP, eSports, Electronic Arts and many others promote at Lisbon Games Week their products, which can be tried by visitors. Surprisingly the gaming industry is currently more valuable than the music and movie industries as a whole.
Since its first edition in 2014, Lisboa Games Week has been a success, allowing fans of all ages to live up to the games and their heroes fantasy. The event also has an Educational Service of interest to teachers, students and parents.
What to do at Lisboa Games Week?
At Lisboa Games Week, the gamer community, students and families and other video game enthusiasts can participate in various activities, such as:
- Watch the exclusive releases and premieres of video games;
- Play new console, pc, smartphone games and board games,
- Experience first-hand the latest consoles (Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo, Wii), accessories and peripherals on the market;
- Participate in professional or amateur gaming tournaments;
- Watching robot exhibits (roboparty) and drone racing;
- Play games on simulators or state-of-the-art immersive or virtual reality applications;
- Participate in cosplay contests where you can create your own costume and come dressed up imitating your favorite characters;
- Attend conferences on virtual games and others;
- Participate in autograph sessions with the most famous youtubers, take selfies with them and get their gaming advice;
- Purchase merchandising products, virtual games, board games and accessories from the various exhibitors on site;
- Play classic games (retro games, arcade, pinball and others) on old consoles and computers such as Spectrum, Amiga, Mega Drive or NES.
Lisboa Games Week has a space dedicated to families and the presence of some schools. This event has the support of the Direção Geral da Educação (Directorate General of Education), as games and technologies applied to the teaching area can facilitate the educational service.
What happens in 2022 at Lisboa Games Week?
Note: As there may be changes in the program, please check details at the official website.
Date: November 17-208 2022
Venue: Lisbon International Fair (FIL) Pavilions – Parque das Nações – Lisbon
More information: www.lisboagamesweek.pt
Find Booking.com Accommodation deals in Lisbon
What happened in 2019 at Lisboa Games Week?
The 2020 and the 2021 editions didn’t take place in response to the pandemic situation.
In addition to the above, the 2019 edition of Lisboa Games Week has new thematic areas, the most anticipated entertainment content on the market and countless experiences.
More than 63,000 visitors attended the event. While it had many professionals, youtubers, vloggers, streamers and where over 200 brands were present. In addition, for the vast video game enthusiast, professional or general public, a free WIFI service was available during the event.
There were a new Family Space dedicated to socializing and videogames for all generations, for parents, grandparents, children and grandchildren.
eSports Free2Play Areas
The eSports Free2Play Areas was open to all visitors. There were also Portuguese Leagues finals of various games, as well as tournaments on consoles, PCs and simulators.
Video Games Forum – Teaching and Future
Lisboa Games Week contained the Largest Video Games Forum associated with Education and the Future, of interest to schools, teachers and students, namely children and young future game creators and multimedia!
Initiatives in the field of programming learning, with the support of partners such as the Directorate-General for Education, Instituto Superior Técnico, Lusófona, European and Minho Universities, included:
- International Seminar on Gamification in Teaching (for teachers and education staff);
- Programming Workshops (for primary and secondary students);
- Multimedia Workshops (for secondary and higher education students);
- Demonstration and Awareness of Educational Games (for students and teachers of basic education);
- Training Offer – representation of technical and higher education courses in the areas related to video game production;
- Studios, Creators and Artists showcase that develop and produce video games.
Places to Visit in Lisbon
- TOP 10 Lisbon Attractions: Best Places and Activities
- 6 Best Day Trips around Lisbon: explore more of Portugal
- TOP 5 Cool Shopping Ideas in Lisbon
More Portugal Travel Destinations
|To learn more about other LikedPlaces, go to our Destinations in Portugal page.
Pin for later!
Disclosure: This post has affiliate links. If you buy something through these links, there’s no additional cost to you, but it will allow us to maintain the blog. Thank you!
Did you like this post? Please share it with your friends!