This event has been canceled. The 2021 edition will take place from April 24 to May 2, at the Estoril Tennis Club.
Learn more about the Millennium Estoril Open which is the main Portuguese men’s tennis tournament, from the ATP World Tour.
What is Millennium Estoril Open?
The Millennium Estoril Open is an important men’s tennis tournament, which takes place in Estoril, near Lisbon.
This tournament is from the ATP World Tour 250, which is part of the ATP World Tours. The latter is a series of professional tennis tournaments, held in several countries, approved by the ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals). Here you’ll find the best tennis players in the world.
The Estoril Open had the first edition in 1990, which occurred at the Jamor Sports Complex in Oeiras, near Lisbon. From 2014 onwards, the tournament was been played in Estoril.
Like the other ATP tournaments, the best ranked players at Estoril Open get points that allow them to improve their international ranking in ATP, and receive cash prizes.
What would have happened in 2020 at Estoril Open? (Program)
The 2020 edition the Estoril Open would have had the presence of several world-class stars, amongst which we highlight:
- Stefanos Tsitsipas (Grece), ATP world rank No. 6. Won the 2019 edition of the Estoril Open;
- Gael Monfils (France), ATP No. 9;
- David Goffin (Belgium), ATP No. 10;
- Dusan Lajovic (Serbia), ATP No. 23;
- Alex de Minaur (Australia), ATP No. 24;
- Carreno Busta (Spain), ATP No. 27;
- João Sousa (Portugal), ATP No. 67. Won the 2018 edition of the Estoril Open.
Date: 25 April – 3 May 2020
Location: Avenida Condes de Barcelona – Estoril Tennis Club – Estoril – Lisbon
More information: www.millenniumestorilopen.pt/en
What happened in 2019 at Estoril Open?
From the 2019 edition of Estoril Open we highlight the following professional tennis players: Stefanos Tsitsipas (Grece) who won the tournament, Fábio Fognini (Italy), Gael Monfils (France), Alex de Minaur (Australia) and João Sousa (Portugal).
Places near Estoril to Visit
The Millennium Estoril Open takes place in Estoril, in the municipality of Cascais, which is a pleasant place by the sea (Atlantic Ocean). Estoril and Cascais have excellent infrastructures (hotels, restaurants, etc.), and offers good conditions for various water sports.
Given the proximity to Lisbon, the capital of Portugal, and the romantic village of Sintra, you can easily visit these interesting tourist locations.
Learn more about 6 Best Day Trips from Lisbon.
More Portugal Travel Destinations
- Alentejo: Self-guided walking tour in Mértola, Portugal
- Alentejo: Castro Verde, Portugal: Self-guided walking tour
- Aljezur, Algarve: Self-guided walking tour in Aljezur, Portugal
- Algarve: Self-guided walking tour in Lagos, Portugal
- Algarve: Self-guided walking tour in Portimão, Portugal
- Lisbon: Lisbon: Ultimate Travel Guide and Itineraries
- Lisbon: Self-guided walking tour in Palmela, Portugal
- Centre: Self-guided walking tour in Golegã: Horse Capital of Portugal
- Azores: Terceira Island Travel Guide, Azores
|To learn more about other LikedPlaces, go to our Destinations in Portugal page.|
Did you like this post? Please share it with your friends!