The BTL 2022 edition will take place between the 16th and the 20th of March, at FIL.
Meanwhile discover what is BTL, the largest Tourism Fair in Portugal, as well as its main offers (domestic or abroad destinations).
The Lisbon Travel Market (Bolsa de Turismo de Lisboa – BTL) is the Portugal’s largest Tourism Fair. BTL promotes mainly domestic tourism in Portugal, being increasingly a worldwide reference in this area. It has the presence of several exhibitors, such as tourist regions, city councils, hotels, travel agencies, tourism agents, airlines and cultural animation companies.
What is the Lisbon Travel Market (BTL)?
In the Lisbon Travel Market, visitors get suggestions for their holidays, get to know the available offers and featured tourist destinations. They also have the opportunity to buy trips in special conditions, some for paradisiacal places.
On its side, the sector professionals find in this event opportunities to sell products and services and also networking.
The 2022 edition of the BTL will have Oporto and the North of Portugal Tourism as a national guest destination. Anadia will be the guest Municipality and Dominican Republic the international guest destination.
Date: 16 to 20 March 2022
Location: Feira Internacional de Lisboa (FIL) Pavilions – Parque das Nações – Lisbon
More information: https://btl.fil.pt
Note: As there may be changes in the program, please check details at the official website.
What is going to happen in 2022 at BTL?
Pavilions and exhibitors
The four pavilions of FIL are going to have the following exhibitors and events:
- Pavilion 1, the National Destinations and occupied by the tourist regions of Portugal;
- Pavilion 2, the inter-municipal representations and the Portuguese municipalities, the gastronomy area, the Touristic Entertainmente and the BTL Cultural;
- The Pavilion 3, exhibitors of Lodging, Hotel equipment and services and the main auditorium for events. In addition, it will have the BTL Lab, which is a space dedicated to technology and startups and BTL Village. In the Spot Juventude it will have talks with travelers, bloggers and influencers. This is also a space for network with consultants, banks, insurers and other companies not directly connected to the tourism sector;
- Pavilion 4, International Destinations, for example Rio de Janeiro, Ibiza, Formentera. This Pavilion will have exhibitors from the Distribution and Transport areas, as well as the Associação Portuguesa das Agências de Viagem e Turismo (Portuguese Association of Travel and Tourism Agencies) – APAVT.
Between Pavilions 2 and 3 there will be a space for networking aimed at the Hosted Buyers Program, organized in partnership with TAP and Turismo de Portugal. The “Hosted Buyers” are international buyers invited to visit BTL, to increase the odds to make business happens with the exhibiting companies, in particular on Portugal as a destination.
This space will be one of this year’s edition novelties. Its objective is to raise awareness of the products of the 35 wine producers and entities in Portugal.
This area will also be one of the novelties of the 2022 edition, aiming to promote and present national and international festivals.
This year’s BTL Cultural will have a special guest.
What happened in the 2019 at the BTL ?
The BTL 2019 edition was a success, with the presence of 70,000 people, among professionals and the general public, part of them foreigners. In this event they could, among others:
NATIONAL, INTERNATIONAL AND MUNICIPALITY DESTINATIONS INVITED IN 2019
The 2019 edition of the BTL had Lisbon as a national guest destination, which integrates the tourist offer of the 18 municipalities of the Lisbon Region. Seixal was the guest city and Macau the international guest destination.
The 2019 Edition had a great novelty that was BTL Cultural. It was a space dedicated to culture, where the offers and cultural events of Portugal were shown to professionals and to the general public, national and international.
BTL Cultural emerges from the partnership with the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation and gathers, in addition to this, another 15 relevant cultural institutions from Portugal, such as: Fundação CCB, Fundação Oriente, Fundação de Serralves and Culturgest. As well as Parques de Sintra, MAAT, Direção-Geral do Património Cultural, Teatro Nacional D. Maria II, Museu da Vista Alegre and Museu de São Roque.
Services available at BTL – Lisbon Travel Market
At BTL, you can also take advantage of the various regional taverns and restaurants for lunch, dinner or the traditional flavors of Portugal (such as cheeses, wines, sweets and more) and other foreigners countries. As well as bringing home the many giveaways that exhibitors offer, as a reminder of their region or company.
Places to Visit in Lisbon
- TOP 10 Lisbon Attractions: Best Places and Activities
- Mafra Palace: Historic Site near Lisbon
- 6 Best Day Trips around Lisbon: explore more of Portugal
- TOP 5 Cool Shopping Ideas in Lisbon
Find your accommodation
|To learn more about other LikedPlaces, go to our Destinations in Portugal page.|
Disclosure: This post has affiliate links. If you buy something through these links, there’s no additional cost to you, but it will allow us to maintain the blog. Thank you!
You Liked this post? Please Share it with your friends!