Explore one of Portugal’s last major summer music festivals, held in Faro, in Algarve – the Festival F!
Festival F has been postponed for the second year running. However, there will be a lot of music in “Noites F Convida”. This year, it will take place from the 3rd to 5th of September. Learn more here.
What is Festival F?
Festival F is one of the last major summer music festivals in Portugal, which takes place in Faro (in the old quarter).
This event gives life to the main city of the Algarve Region, at a time when many are there on holidays or came specially to attend the event.
This festival is dedicated to Portuguese music, but has a line up of artists from various musical genres, such as rock, fado, indie, hip hop, jazz and electronics, among others.
In addition, this is more and more also a festival of arts and culture, with various expressions such as street animation, handicrafts, cinema, theater, stand-up comedy, fine arts, exhibitions, gatherings, workshops and street-food
The silent parties are also noteworthy in this festival, where festival-goers using phones can select between the music being broadcast, the one they want to hear and so dance to the music they prefer.
This Festival had its first edition in 2014, and takes place in the so-called “Vila Adentro” (within the walls of the historic area), in various stages throughout Faro, allowing you to travel around and get to know the city.
What happens in 2021, at “Noites F Convida”, remembering Festival F? (Line up)
Date: 3 to 5 September 2021
Location: Historic District of Faro – Algarve
More information: www.festivalf.pt/en
The Line up of “Noites F Convida” 2021 edition has been disclosed:
- 3rd of September: Pedro Abrunhosa, Orquestra Clássica do Sul, Yuca & The Groove Valley;
- 4th of September: Aurea, Carolina Deslandes, Marisa Liz, Rita Redshoes, Orquestra de Jazz do Algarve, Teresa Aleixo;
- 5th of September: D.A.M.A, AGIR, Bárbara Bandeira, Bárbara Tinoco, IRMA, Tainá, Fernando Leal.
Check the prices to find an accommodation deal in Faro:
What happened in 2019 at Festival F?
The 2019 edition of Festival F was attended by important names of the music, such as:
- 1st DAY: David Carreira, Ana Bacalhau, Fernando Daniel, Tiago Nacarato and Profjam;
- 2nd DAY: Ornatos Violeta, Amor Electro, Biya, Vitor Hugo and Karetus;
- 3rd DAY: Carolina Deslandes, António Zambujo, Capitão Fausto and Linda Martini.
Other Places to Visit in Algarve
- Aljezur: Self-guided walking tour in Aljezur, Portugal
- Cacela Velha: Cacela Velha village: must-see Algarve gem at Ria Formosa
- Castro Marim: 7 spots to visit in Castro Marim, Algarve
- Culatra Island: Culatra Island: an authentic fishermen’s island in Algarve
- Lagos: Self-guided walking tour in Lagos, Portugal
- Portimão: Self-guided walking tour in Portimão, Portugal
- Ria Formosa: Ria Formosa Natural Park: skip the crowds of Algarve and escape to a paradise
- How to Get to Algarve: Getting In and Getting Around
- The best beaches in Algarve, Portugal
- Best things to do in Algarve, Portugal: find our selection
Other Portugal Travel Destinations
- Alentejo: Self-guided walking tour in Mértola, Portugal
- Alentejo: Castro Verde, Portugal: Self-guided walking tour
- Lisbon: Lisbon: Ultimate Travel Guide and Itineraries
- Lisbon: Self-guided walking tour in Palmela, Portugal
- Centre: Self-guided walking tour in Golegã: Horse Capital of Portugal
- Azores: Terceira Island Travel Guide, Azores
|To learn more about other LikedPlaces, go to our Destinations in Portugal page.|
Disclosure: This post has affiliate links. If you buy something through these links, there’s no additional cost to you, but it will allow us to maintain the blog. Thank you!
Did you like this post? Please share it with your friends!