Festival Músicas do Mundo 2020 edition is one of the biggest world music events in Portugal, from 18-25 July 2020 in Sines, Alentejo, with folk, reggae, jazz, tango, blues and others.
What is Festival de Músicas do Mundo ?
The Festival de Músicas do Mundo is one of the biggest world music events in Portugal, which has been taking place in Sines, Alentejo, since 1999. Currently, the festival takes place in the city of Sines and in the village of Porto Covo (about 20 km or 12 miles away).
The Festival has gained increasing spot light.
Among the distinctions obtained, the 3 prizes in the Iberian Festival Awards 2019 stand out in the categories Best Grand Festival, Best Cultural Program and Best Tourism Promotion and the attribution of the EFFE (Europe for Festivals, Festivals for Europe) quality seal for 2019 and 2020.
This was due to its commitment to the arts, involvement with the local community and international openness.
Usually, the Festival de Músicas do Mundo has a set of paid concerts and other free concerts, available to the local population and to the thousands of visitors who arrive here.
The concerts take place on several stages: in Sines, in the castle, on Avenida Vasco da Gama, in the Centro de Artes de Sines and in Largo Poeta Bocage; in Porto Covo, in Largo Marquês de Pombal.
In this festival you will find a great diversity of musical styles, such as classical, folk, reggae, jazz, tango, blues, among others, performed by artists and groups from all over the world.
What happens in 2020 at Festival de Músicas do Mundo? (Line up)
The date of the 2020 edition of the Festival has already been disclosed, however the Line up announcement is pending.
Date: 18 to 25 July 2020
Location: Porto Covo and Sines – Alentejo
More information: www.en.fmmsines.pt
What happened in 2019 at the Festival ?
In 2019, artists from different countries took part in the Festival, captivating a great heterogeneity of audiences. Among the actions we highlight:
- 1st DAY: Barmer Boys;
- 2nd DAY: Keziah Jones;
- 3rd DAY: Gaiteiros de Lisboa and Dobet Gnahoré;
- 4th DAY: Tranglomango;
- 5th DAY: Davide Salvado;
- 6th DAY: Flávia Coelho;
- 7th DAY:Dino D’Santiago and LaBrassBanda;
- 8th DAY: Frente Cumbiero;
- 9th DAY: Lucibela, Chico César e Omar Souleyman;
- 10th DAY: Virgem Suta, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Inner Circle, António Marcos and Zenobia.
Learn more about the Ultimate Music Festival Guide in Portugal.
Other Portugal Destinations
- Alentejo: Self-guided walking tour in Mértola, Portugal
- Alentejo: Castro Verde, Portugal: Self-guided walking tour
- Algarve: Self-guided walking tour in Aljezur, Portugal
- Algarve: Self-guided walking tour in Lagos, Portugal
- Algarve: Self-guided walking tour in Portimão, Portugal
- Lisbon: Lisbon: Ultimate Travel Guide and Itineraries
- Lisbon: Self-guided walking tour in Palmela, Portugal
- Centre: Self-guided walking tour in Golegã: Horse Capital of Portugal
- Azores: Terceira Island Travel Guide, Azores
|To learn more about other LikedPlaces, go to our Destinations in Portugal page.|
Did you like this post? Please share it with your friends!